Learn how to assess student claims accurately and with confidence.
Assessing Student Claims Course:
This course was written by our experts who have over 25 years experience in local authority legislation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the term ‘student’
- Identify which categories of students are eligible to claim HB
- Define the meaning of the academic year in accordance with legislation
- Understand the types of student income that is fully disregarded for HB purposes
- Correctly calculate net weekly student income for HB purposes
- Correctly calculate net weekly healthcare student income for HB purposes
This Assessing Student Claims live online course is available on demand and each course can run with a maximum of 12 delegates.
Module 1 - 60 Minute session
Who is a student?
Full Time or Part Time
Module 2 - 60 Minute session
The Academic Year
Students and Council Tax
Students liable to an Educational Establishment
Module 3 - 60 Minute Session
Student Income for Academic Studies
Calculating the income
Module 4 - 60 Minute session
NHS Students from 1 August 2017
Who should attend?
The course is designed for benefit assessment officers, appeals officers and team leaders who would like to know how to assess claims for students. We recommend that you are confident at assessing the more common types of claim first, before learning this specialist area.
Discounts apply for group bookings.
On-demand | delivered over 4 x 60-minute modules
10.00 to 11.00 Module 1
11.30 to 12.30 - Module 2
13.30 to 14.30 Module 3
15.30 to 16.30 Module 4