Learn how to use accounting records to establish income and capital and work out notional tax and national insurance.
This course covers all the regulations and case law relating to Housing Benefit self-employed claims.
Assessing Self-Employed Income for Housing Benefits Course:
This course was written by our experts who have over 25 years experience in local authority legislation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly decide upon the assessment period to be used for a Housing Benefit self-employed claim in accordance with Housing Benefit legislation.
- Identify allowable and disallowable expenses.
- Work out pre-tax profit for self-employed claims.
- Calculate notional income tax, notional class two and notional class four National Insurance contributions for self-employed claims.
- Calculate the weekly net income of a self-employed childminder for Housing Benefit purposes
- Describe the process for establishing the weekly net income of a share fisherman for Housing Benefit purposes
This Assessing Self-Employed Income live online course is available on demand and each course can run with a maximum of 12 delegates.
Module 1 - 60 Minute session
Step One - The Assessment Period
Step Two – Gross Profit
Module 2 - 60 Minute session
Step Three – Business Expenses
Step Four – Calculating Pre-Tax Profit
Module 3 - 60 Minute Session
Step Five - Notional Income Tax and notional NI contributions
Calculating Notional Income Tax
Module 4 - 60 Minute session
Calculating Notional NI Contributions
Self-Employed Child Minders
Who should attend?
There are no formal pre-requisites for this Assessing Housing Benefit for Self-Employed Claims course, but some experience of Housing Benefit would help you make the most out of the content.
Discounts apply for group bookings.
On-demand | delivered over 4 x 60-minute modules plus 1 e-learning module as follows:
10.00 to 11.00 Module 1
11.30 to 12.30 - Module 2
13.30 to 14.30 Module 3
15.30 to 16.30 Module 4