Debt and Mental Health Training for Frontline workers
This one day training course is funded by the 'Hampshire and Isle of Wight Integrated Care System (ICS) suicide prevention programme’ for their staff and partner organisations.
This one day training course aims to equip frontline staff in public, community, and voluntary sectors in Southampton with the necessary skills to start appropriate conversations about debt and mental health.
The training will enhance your understanding of the links between debt and mental health services, and equip you to proactively refer individuals to relevant support services when needed. This will help reduce the risk of suicide in the Southampton population arising from debt-related issues.
The course is funded by the 'Hampshire and Isle of Wight Integrated Care System (ICS) suicide prevention programme.'
What you’ll learn:
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how mental health and debt are connected
- Understand the local context of debt and mental health
- Confidently use healthy conversations principles to initiate conversations about mental health and debt
- Identify the signs of someone trapped in a cycle of poor mental health and debt
- Safely ask and listen to someone about their mental health and debt
- Safeguard the person who may be at risk of crisis
- Be aware of the local and national mental health and debt support available.
- Confidently work in partnership with other organizations to provide the best possible outcome for those in debt and Mental Health
- The scale of Debt & Mental Health in Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Southampton
- Exploring the links between debt and mental health
- Trauma informed Approach
- The New Breathing Space Regulations and Statutory Debt Repayment Plan
- Healthy conversations and myth busting
- TEXAS model for active listening
- Proactive referrals to Debtor Support and Mental Health services
- Stop, Start, Continue and Change
Who’s it for?
The course is perfect for all staff who deal with customers who may be in debt including recovery staff and customer service staff working in Local Authorities, Social Housing, the voluntary sector and other industry sectors.
How it's delivered
This course is delivered live on-line with a trainer and can be accessed via a PC, Mac or Tablet. There will be group work and breakout sessions. Case studies will be based on your feedback during the session. You can interact, ask questions, and practice new skills – all without leaving your desk.
Sign up here: