Leadership in a Digital Age: Modules
- An overview of leadership in a digital age
- Technology in society and its impact in the workplace
- The political agenda and how it’s driving digital transformation
- The next revolution - Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud computing, SAAS, Office 365, google apps etc.
- Mobile Government and the world of apps
- ‘Big Data’ and the power of data science
- Social media
- Robotic Process Automation
- Digital presence and the Web ‘of things’
- Round up of digital technologies
- Leading remote teams, and the tools needed for collaborative working
- BYOD – Bring your own device
- Practice the Leadership qualities required for managing virtual teams
- The collaborative workspace
- Adopting an Agile approach
- Scrum and Project management
- Disruptive Business models and the changing expectations of customers
- Digital by default / Self Service and the challenges of Channel Shift, including digital literacy / inclusion with SMART Communities
- Understanding social media and your customers’ needs
- Cyber threats and risks
Learners will be given a reference manual and a desk aid and will experience a range of classroom teaching methods including group-working, group discussion, practical exercises, case studies and both individual and group presentations. Traditional teaching is supported by a virtual learning environment that is used to host a range of electronic supporting.materials.
Assessment is provided by a mix of coursework / verbal examination / written examination and feedback will be provided to the learner and the employer.