Microsoft Excel Advanced 2010, 2013 & 2016 | Training Course
If you are familiar with Microsoft Excel, unlock its true power by learning the advanced functions, data handling and analysis tools.
This 1-day training course will take you from being an intermediate user to an advanced user, who is able to handle complex tasks and get more power out of worksheets. You will leave with practical experience as well as useful tips and tricks to help you achieve professional results in a fraction of the time. Microsoft Excel is a powerful and flexible spreadsheet application that makes it easy to perform tasks involving numbers such as budgeting, statistical analysis, producing charts, graphs and much more. Excel proficiency is a valuable skill whether you work with data at the office, or use it to stay organized with personal checklists.By the end of this intensive 1-day training course, you will be comfortable with many of the advanced features and functions Excel has to offer. You will learn how to use lookup functions, convert text files to a manageable format, apply worksheet protection, perform advanced data management using summarising, create pivot tables, and use macros.If you are already familiar with the basics of Microsoft Excel, including entering data, formatting cells and using functions and formulae, this advanced course is perfect for you.
Requirements You should have attended our Excel Intermediate course or have gained similar knowledge in the workplace. This includes the ability to use formulae and functions, be able to work with large amounts of data and with multiple worksheets and workbooks.
Why take this course? Unlock the full potential of your data – Learning the topics covered in this course will give you more control over styles and formatting, allowing you to better present data.Improve productivity - Increase your efficiency and dramatically shorten the time it takes to handle a task.Open up opportunities for career advancement – Excel is used in businesses across all industries, making it one of the most sought-after skills by employers.
Who should take this course?
- Professionals who carry out complex data analysis tasks who would benefit from understanding the advanced functions Excel has to offer.
- Users with some experience with Excel who wish to use MS Excel at an advanced level.
- Anyone aspiring to achieve Microsoft Certification status.
Microsoft Excel Advanced 1-Day Course Content
- Using nested functions
- Using advanced logical functions
- Using advanced lookup functions
- The consolidate tool
- Using paste special
- Importing and exporting data
- Converting text files to a manageable format
- Using hyperlinks
- Using the advanced filter tool
- Summarising data using sub-totals
- Summarising data using outlines
- Summarising data using database functions
- Creating a pivot table
- Using a pivot table to analyse data
- Modifying the data source for a pivot table
- Changing pivot table formats and options
- Adding calculated fields to a pivot table
- Creating and using a pivot chart report
- Stand-alone pivot charts
- Using slicers
- Power view
- Using goal seek
- Data tables
- Installing add-ins
- Using solver
- Creating scenarios
- Creating scenario summary reports
- Merging scenarios
- Applying worksheet and workbook protection
- Using passwords
- Adding, editing and reviewing worksheet comments
- Sharing a workbook
- Tracking changes
- Resolving conflicts in a shared workbook
- Merging workbooks
- Recording a macro
- Using relative and absolute references with macros
- Options for running a macro
- Creating global macros
- Understanding macro security