We are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, punctual, computer literate candidate with an excellent knowledge of Word and Excel, some knowledge of hardware/networks would be advantageous.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Some of the tasks included in this role will be as follows, but not restricted to:
- Basic support of existing software, with staff assistance.
- Reception telephone cover Thursday and Friday mornings and any back up phone cover
- Cover of support emails
- Customer fault logging using our in-house system.
- Customer training manual assistance preparations.
- Assistance to Support Team where required.
- Assistance to Technical Manager re hardware setups and installs.
- General office duties as required by the team including tea/coffee making for incoming visitors and occasional copy typing for the MD/Technical Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management and punctuality
- Confident when dealing customers over the phone and in person
- Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel
- Some knowledge of hardware/networks would be advantageous
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Methodical and intuitive approach to tasks
- Sociable personality
- Professional outlook
- A keen interest in all things IT related
Minimum GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths & English
- Designing, developing, testing and de-bugging of software programs for new products and enhancements of existing products.
- Support & troubleshooting of existing products.
- Liaising with clients, writing, developing, testing and reviewing code, supporting existing applications
- Liaising with end users to fix defects, find solutions and test them
- Training assistance to company trainers on all areas of our software covering: Accounts, Order Processing, Diaries, Stock Control etc.
- Investigate the feasibility of change requests and add implementing solutions
Things to consider
Please note: Wage will be £5.80 per hour, salary will depend on the working hours agreed at interview.
About the employer
We are a small but international software house based in Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire. Designed and developed in house by our own system professionals, our Software is designed for all types and sizes of companies from Independent Retailer, Multi-Branch Retail, Distributer to Multi-National Manufacturer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.