Premier IT Limited
This role will be assisting in a Windows 10 implementation at naval bases across the UK for a minimum of 15 months commencing January 2021.
Full training will be given to candidates who are enthusiastic to learn, this will provide an excellent start for a career in IT support.
The role will involve travelling and working out of the area Monday – Friday each week.
Responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Following all onsite security and health and safety protocols particularly with regard to Covid-19
- Disconnecting and storing existing hardware and cabling following best practice electrical safety and manual handling guidelines
- Ensuring all cabling and connections are secure and tidy and accord with core safety guidelines
- Removing all hardware to safe storage
- Installing port replicators for new laptops
- Assisting users by configuring screen resolution
- Issuing hardware to users and logging on asset tracking application
- Safely disposing of all packaging according to customer instructions
- Assisting users with initial log on and referring them to sources of guidance and training
- Trouble-shooting any snagging issues with cabling or desktop configuration
- Responsible for care, operation and daily checks on company assigned vehicle
- At all times providing excellent customer service on client site
- Escalating unresolved customer issues to your Team Leader
All accommodation and subsistence will be paid whilst working.
A van and fuel card will be provided.
There will be £5 per day phone allowance as you must be contactable at all times.
You will also gain the highly valued SC MoD security clearance.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 17:00, must be flexible. Total hours per week: 37.50
Training: This will be delivered in block weeks at our academy in Crewe, Cheshire.
- Accurate and methodical
- IT literate
- Microsoft Windows OS and Office experience
- Some experience with hardware and cabling
- Excellent customer service skills
- High degree of personal standards and conduct
- Enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Confident to work independently
- Good team player
- Passionate about IT as a future career option
- Must be able to pass security clearance checks
Minimum of GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and English is essential
Things to consider
This role will involve staying away from home from Monday – Friday each week.
There will be the potential of a permanent role on completion of the apprenticeship for apprentices who excel.