Ensure that you are fully up to date with Universal Credit and understand the key differences between the live ‘gateway’ UC scheme and the full digital service, and how this will change the way you work.
Universal Credit for Local Authorities Live Online Course
Using information from local authorities already rolled out, the course shows the issues which may be faced and provides guidance on areas not apparent or covered by the DWP’s presentation.
Designed specifically for local authority staff working within benefit services, customer services and welfare advice.
This Live Online course is written by our experts who have over 25 years experience in local authority legislation and is tailored to your requirements.
What will I learn?
By the end of this Universal Credit for Local Authorities Live Online course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key differences between the ‘gateway’ UC scheme and full digital service.
- Explain who the eligible claimants are when moving to a full area.
- Explain who will be worse off moving into a full digital area.
- Understand the impacts of full service, including the risks, impacts etc.
- Compose a UC calculation and explain all the different elements.
- Understand the managed payment process in relation to rent arrears and vulnerability.
- Identify the differences between UC housing costs and Housing Benefit.
- Explain when third-party deductions can be applied to UC and from when.
- State the conditionality of the claimant commitment and possible sanctions.
- Understand the various ways UC can be treated as income for Council Tax Support.
This Universal Credit for Local Authorities Live Online course is available on demand and each course can run with a maximum of 12 delegates.
Module 1 - 60 Minute session
Universal Credit – Introduction and Implementation
Module 2 - 60 Minute session
Module 3 - 60 Minute Session
Module 4 - 60 Minute session
Council Tax Support & Rent for Housing
Universal Credit Notifications
Change of Circumstances and Overpayment Recovery
Who should attend?
There are no formal requirements for this Universal Credit for Local Authorities course, but a basic knowledge of Housing Benefit and Universal Credit would be an advantage. The course is ideal for benefit and customer service teams.
Discounts apply for group bookings.
On-demand | delivered in 4 x 60-minute modules plus 1 e-learning module as follows:
10.00 to 11.00 Module 1
11.30 to 12.30 - Module 2
13.30 to 14.30 Module 3
15.30 to 16.30 Module 4