Universal Credit Overview:
A Seminar for Social Housing Providers, Charities, Financial Assessment staff or anyone giving advice to people on UC
As more people continue to move over to Universal Credit, it's essential that your teams are aware of the latest policy and legislation as well as understanding the key concepts of UC. This seminar will get you fully up to date so you can continue to support your clients, provide accurate advice and ensure a smooth transition.
UC Overview Seminar:
In our one-day Universal Credit Overview seminar, we’ll bring you up to date with Universal Credit and beyond. Written by our experts with over 25 years experience in welfare and benefits legislation.
- Latest timetable
- The Universal Credit application process and what’s required
- Principles of Universal Credit
- Differences between Universal Credit and Housing Benefit
- Payments and who may receive them
- Alternative payment arrangements
- Migration and transitional protection
- Temporary absence
- Hardship Payments
- Monthly assessment periods and their impact on arrears
- Claims which are not to be included in Universal Credit
- The various elements involved with the calculation
- Examples and exercises in the calculation
- Digital account management
- Universal Credit cap
- Third party deductions
- Conditionality and sanctions
- Debt management and personal budgeting support
Who should attend?
The seminar is ideal for anyone who needs to give advice to people on Universal Credit or Legacy Benefits.
The cost of the seminar is £275 per person plus VAT.
Don't miss out! We only have a limited number of places available.
Seminar date and locations:
March 2020 | London
March 2020 | Birmingham
If you would like to request another location, please email [email protected]
This seminar is also available as a 1-day in house course